Delayed Egress Alarm Rim Exit Device.
The Detex Value Series® V40xEE option is designed for applications that require a delayed egress, alarmed panic device. The alarm, with approximately 100dB will sound when someone attempts to exit, alerting management that an unauthorized exit has been attempted. The alarm will continue to sound, but the door will remain locked for 15 seconds, which deters the unauthorized exit and provides the responsible party time to respond to the alarm. The V40xEE is perfect for retail and grocery stores, schools, assisted living communities, hospitals and other establishments that require security door control with life safety. The V40xEE is UL listed as panic and fire exit hardware as well as UBC standard 7-2 (positive pressure).
Features and Benefits:
- Secure locking with 15 sec. delayed egress
- Provides reliable loss prevention protection 24 hours a day
- Controls foot traffic, deters unauthorized exits and reduces employee and customer theft
- Internal pushpad substructure upgraded to stainless steel
- Fast, easy, secure installation, providing perfect alignment with the door and frame, thus preventing costly installation delays and insuring a secure installation
- Rugged, durable corrosion resistant anodized aluminum and ABS surfaces resist damage
- Angled end cap deflects damage to the device when the door is open
- Tamper resistant housing protects the electronics, battery back up and other components from manipulation
- Auxiliary inputs and outputs allow remote monitoring, alarming and remote authorized bypass
- The V40xEE package includes: Value Series V40xEE Exit Device, Surface Armored Cable Loop, 24VAC Transformer, Code compliant auxiliary signage
- Stainless steel, 3/4" throw deadlocking latchbolt
- Approximate 100dB Piezo alarm
- On-board logic control
- Mortise cylinder key switch arming
- 24VAC Power requirements
- Battery back up 9 VDC (internal)
- Low Battery Alert (field selectable)
- Detachable plug-in terminal strip
- Surface armored cable loop
- Compatible for use with through-wire hinge or power transfer
- LED visual arming indicators
- Audible arming indicators
- Fire alarm Input
- Remote bypass Input and Output
- Remote alarm Output
- NS - Narrow stile door option. For use on full 36" and 48" wide doors with 2" stile. Specify 628 (AL, aluminum) or 711 (BK, black anodized). 98 semi-mortise strike included.
- Alarm accepts 5, 6 and 7-pin standard and interchangeable core mortise cylinders with a Yale standard cam (cylinder collar required only with 7 pin IC)
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3-2001 Grade 1 exit device - cycle tested to 500,000+ cycles
- UL Listed Panic Hardware
Outside trim and cylinder sold separately.