Schlage AL series Lever Lockset
The AL-Series keyed lever lock utilizes the Schlage original A-Series cylindrical chassis with stylish lever designs supported by heavy duty spring cages. This design provides strength and performance in the more abusive commercial Grade 2 applications. Components such as threaded hubs and locking nuts literally "bolt" the lock chassis to the door to prevent loosening. A heavy duty spring cage utilizes compression springs to support levers from drooping. The interlocking spindle design gives internal strength to the lock when excessive force is applied to the lever while in the locked position. A patent pending design facilitates quick and easy adjusting for different door thicknesses.
The AL-Series keyed lever lock exceeds industry testing requirements, including the ANSI A156.2, 1996, Series 4000 Grade 2 specifications and is UL Listed for all functions up to 3-hour doors.
- Applications: Standard duty commercial exterior and interior doors for medical, office, hotel/motel, public buildings, religious, multi-family, retail/storefront and government facilities. Also available for heavy duty residential use.
- Certifications: ANSI A156.2, 1996, Series 4000, Grade 2. UL Listed for all functions up to 3-hour doors.
- Keying: 6-pin tumbler with two nickel silver keys per lock. Other keying options available from the factory include master keying, grandmaster, keying, and construction keying. Interchangeable core available in Saturn design only. Classic Primus® and Everest Primus® are also available.
- Door Range: 1 3/8" - 1 7/8" (35 mm - 48mm) standard. 1 7/8" - 2" (48 mm - 51 mm) regular parts assembled to order.
- Backset: 2 ¾" (70 mm) standard. 2 3/8" (60 mm) and 3 ¾" (95 mm) backset latches available. 5" (127 mm) backset links also available.
- Exposed Trim: Wrought brass or bronze. Levers are pressure cast zinc, plated to match finish symbols.
- Latches: 1 1/8" x 2 ¼" (29 mm x 57 mm), ½" (13 mm) throw standard. 1" (25 mm) wide faceplates available.
- Strikes: ANSI 1 ¼" x 4 7/8" (32 mm x 124 mm) strike, 1 3/16" (30 mm) lip standard.