Detex Surface Mounted Exit Alarm
The Detex EAX-500 is designed for applications that require an alarmed exit device on secured doors. The alarm, with approximately 100dB, will sound when someone attempts an unauthorized exit. The EAX-500, with it's redesigned shape and smaller size make it the choice for quick and easy installations on emergency exit and restricted doors.
Features and Benefits:
- Low-cost, self-contained door alarm with piezo horn that sounds to warn of unauthorized use of a door
- Surface door mount only. Easy to install using ordinary tools.
- Patented plastic template allows for foolproof alignment of internal magnetic door contact and an accurate installation
- Now available with field selectable options
- Tapered cover allows for installation on narrow stile doors, 2" minimum
- An intelligent circuit that automatically senses the "handing" of the alarm location on the door
- Patented cam assembly automatically adjusts for different sizes of cylinders without the use of spacers
- Mortise cylinder required with standard Yale cam for Inside Key Control
- Rim cylinder required for Outside Key Control
- Alarm can only be silenced by proper control key
- Modern graphics on cover to demonstrate key rotation and operation
- Improved electronic circuits for longer battery life, LED functions
- Tamper resistant housing with cover lock, protects electronics and battery from manipulation
- Extended bypass, now a standard feature, allows alarm to remain bypassed when door is open and automatically rearm upon door closing
- Custom settings may be ordered and programmed at the factory
- In-swinging door applications with use of P/N 102644
- Upgraded features are now included and field selectable
- TO ARM: Insert and rotate the key counterclockwise. Red LED will flash twice followed by solid Green LED. Remove key, Green LED will continue to illuminate for 15 seconds during the arming sequence followed by 3 chirps indicating the alarm is armed and ready.
- TO DISARM: Insert and rotate the key clockwise. Green LED flashes twice. Key may be removed. Alarm is now disarmed and will not sound.
Technical Specifications :
- Approximate 100dB piezo alarm
- Mortise cylinder key switch arming
- 9 VDC battery powered
- Low Battery Alert
- Manual arming, disarming & rearming
- LED visual arming indicators
- Audible arming indicators
- Outside Key Control compatible
- Fits 2" narrow stile doors
Dimensions: 2.10" Wide x 2.375" Deep x 7.70" Long
cylinder not included.